Thursday, May 15, 2008

Picnic Time!

On our way to the park! The hat stayed on for about 2 more minutes!
She loves the park!
Check out those two teeth!
Addie loves a picnic. Actually, Addie just loves being outside. It doesn't matter what we are doing, as long as we are outside. She can people watch forever. Sometimes when I can't get her settled down inside, I go outside and sit on the porch with her and she is completely satisified for at least half an hour. Yesterday, Addie and I went to a nearby park for a picnic. She really enjoyed watching all of the big kids run around and climb on all of the jungle gyms. Of course, she enjoyed the swings for a good 20 minutes after lunch. I can't wait until she can really enjoy the park. I just love our special times like that.....just her and I. She has started to babble a lot more and its almost like we are having our own little conversation. What a personality she has! I can totally see that attitude coming out, and I just know Tim and I are going to have our hands full. She might look like her Daddy, but she is fiesty like her momma!

Something new she is starting to do each night, is act like she is out for the night and go down in her crib for about an hour around 8:00. She looks and acts exhausted and she does snooze for some time, but usually, around 9:00, she wakes up and cries. Her Daddy goes in and gets her and puts her in our bed. We are usually winding down and watching our 9:00 show in bed at that time. She climbs in right in the middle of us and proceeds to entertain herself for the next hour, playing with the remote or her baby doll or her pacifier. She starts yawning and rubbing her eyes around 10:00, and then she goes back down in her crib for the rest of the night! Tim asked me last night if I thought she was teething and just needed comfort, or if she is starting to make it a habit of playing in our bed after a brief catnap? Who knows.....We don't really mind the new "game", as long as she sleeps in her own bed afterwards......She is just so darn sweet!

No comments: