Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm getting better....slowly, but surely.


Do you see that beautiful, delicious looking pie up there? Would you believe that I made it? I know that many of you are shaking your heads because you know that I am not the best chef, and many of my weekly meals consist of tacos, BLT's, grilled cheese, and spaghetti. However, since I have been staying at home with Addie, I watch Rachel Ray on a regular basis, and have learned a few techniques and the art of reading a recipe. I am getting much better, even though it is a pretty big obstacle to have a husband who hates onions, tomatoes, peppers.....or pretty much any "wierd" seasoning item you must use in most recipes. He, however, loved my Strawberry Rhubarb Pie above. I got the recipe from my friend, Kristy, and first tasted this amazing dessert at her house. Since I had never heard of or eaten rhubarb before, I was a little hesitant at first, but it was soooooo good. I have also learned to make homemade biscuits (although only tried it once so far), thanks to my Memaw down there in Georgia. She showed me how when she was up visiting in April. I love some good ole WestVa biscuits and gravy! And thanks to the canned roll-out pie crusts available, and to Pop Pop for his delicious recipe, I can also make a pretty good pot pie. Anyways, Tim took the picture of the pie and suggested I put it on my blog because I think he too, was shocked it came from my kitchen. Our little family, including the dog, visited the strawberry patch to get some berries for my pie. Those pictures are stuck on Mom's camera unfortunately. Addie was bored because we wouldnt let her play in the field in the mud, and everytime she got a hold of a strawberry, I took it away because all she did with it was squeeze the juice all over me! What a fun day!

No comments: