Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today we will worry....and pray....for our little furry friend...

I am sad today. My mom and I were out very late with her cat, Casey, better known as "Crazy", at an emergency vet last night. He has been pretty sick here the past few days, and yesterday he got worse. We still aren't sure if he will get better or not, but are now playing the waiting game as he gets some help at the hospital. Anyone who has never been close to an animal, doesn't know how helpless you feel when your loyal friend gets sick or hurt. We are smart enough to know that they are only here for a short time, and that if you allow your heart to get to close to them, you will feel the pain of them leaving you someday. Although I know the difference between losing a person in your life and losing a furry friend, it still breaks your heart when that day comes. I pet my cat this morning and had to remind myself that I have only borrowed him for a little while and that I too, will be saddened one day when he leaves for heaven. I am truly hurting for my Mom, and I know she is scared for her little friend. I have been praying all night that God will let us know how to handle things, and I pray that however things turn out, my mom will realize how lucky she is to have had him in her life as long as she has. Please put him on your prayer list! Love to all........

2 comments:

Lily said...

Let me know how Casey is doing, let you mom know I'm thinking about her, I know how bad it hurts!

It says you posted at 5 am... is that right...I know you didn't get in til after 12, did you get any sleep???

Addie's Mamaw said...

Just want you to know that I love you very, very much!!!! Thank you for all your love and support.