Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birthday Story Chapter 2

Addie had her birthday lunch consisting of good ole chicken nuggets and cheese at her Mamaw's house! I loved her little grin in this picture above.....


Here she opens her first gift from Mommy and Daddy....."Counting Cookies"....she seemed to really like them too, but of course she loves any toy you put in front of her!


Happy Birthday little girl!

Thursday Night we all had cake and icecream with Addie since it was her real birthday. She got to see the cake her Daddy made for her and she LOVED it! I was rather shocked at how much she really liked the stuff, since I often try to give her something new and sweet and she practically gags. She didn't care much for the actual cake, but she really liked the green icing!



We have had a long day today, and I don't think I have felt this exhausted since the days she was getting up several times throughout the night......I have loads of pictures to share from our weekend with family and friends and of course, of the big ONE YEAR OLD!!!!!! She was such a good little girl with all of the excitement going on and has been sleeping so well for Mommy and Daddy!

Thank-you to all of our friends and family who came from near and far and shared this special day with us....and a special thanks to my Mom for all of her help and for making Addie's first birthday party a huge success!

I will post more tomorrow from the birthday party!

1 comment:

Addie's Mamaw said...

I enjoyed Addie's birthday party so much. She acted like such a big girl. She seemed to know that all the excitement was all about her. She was just grinning at everyone!!!! She was even doing a great job of sharing her toys with all the other children. Mamaw is so proud of you Addie.
The birthday plate you made was absolutely beautiful. What a great idea. I am sure it will someday be one of Addie's favorite treasures.