Monday, December 1, 2008

We are alive!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Tim, Addie, and I headed to West Virginia on Thanksgiving day to spend the holiday with my family. It has been almost a year since I headed to the mountains to see everyone, so we decided to tackle the trip. We had dinner at my Aunt Sandy's house and Addie got to spend some quality time with her cousins, Gunnar, Dariyan, and Samiya. They were so cute! This is my Papaw after a nice full tummy! He loves to have the family all around him, so he was in heaven that day!
All of the kids played really well together. Addie was a big show-off and shared her toys so well with her cousins. Papaw brought stockings for all of the little ones with these little books in them. You know Addie loved that! Books are her favorite thing these days. Somehow we ended up with extra books in her stocking once we got home...did she do that on purpose?


This is Addie and Daryian. Its so neat to see them side by side. Daryian and her brother just turned 3 in November. I remember when they were Addie's age just like it was yesterday.


I'm not sure about you all, but this Thanksgiving was pretty special to me, because in all my 30 years, I don't think I have spent as much time focusing on all of the things I am really, really thankful for......Its not that I am ungrateful, but in years past, I am usually preoccupied with family and traveling and food and other craziness, but this year, I felt especially THANKFUL! Thankful for a loving husband, beautiful healthy baby girl, wonderful family, my health....and some amazing friends. I tend to worry a lot about the little things and fret over things that are often times beyond my control...so....I made sure to take the time to really feel blessed. And it felt great......So...Thank-you God for blessing us and getting us home safe and sound!
I will post more about our trip in the days to come.....I better get off here and go celebrate! Tim turns 35.....oops 33 today!!!! Happy Birthday Honey! Don't worry, Addie doesn't know that you are older than me!


No comments: