Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas...

Tim and I finally bought a grown-up Christmas tree on Sunday. We can't have a real tree due to Tim and Addie's allergies, so we figured we should have a nice "fake" one. I had to use a pencil to keep the tree straight last year, so it was time to make the investment. Addie was so amazed with the lights on the tree. She just stood back and watched us put it together. She also fell in love with this reindeer decoration I have. She carried that thing around all over the place!


For some reason, I just can't seem to get motivated to shop for gifts. Since I stopped working, I have sort of trained myself to stay away from the mall and places like Kohls, Target, Old Navy....for fear of spending money we don't have on things I don't necessarily need. Now I think that mindset is keeping me from enjoying Christmas shopping!! Plus, I have been feeling a little down in the dumps about my animals and that doesn't help my urge to shop either! Hepefully, I will get motivated here soon and get it done. Christmas is just around the corner.... I will post pictures of the finished product sometime in the next week or so....

No comments: