Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year, mostly because the older that I get, the more thankful I am for all of the blessings I have in my life. It has always been a holiday filled with not only yummy food, but precious family time. Many memories I have from my childhood from this particular holiday with my family in West Virginia. Since Addie and Hayes have come along, I have not spent Thanksgiving with my family, mainly because they were both much too young to make the 7 hour road trip, but also because I know how important it is to begin our own traditions here at home for them both to cherish as they grow older. I want them to have fond memories of this time of year just as I do.



We celebrated "Thanksgiving" with my Mom and Dave this past weekend and boy was it delicious! It doesn't matter to us that we had to do it a week early....what matters is the memories that we made doing it! I do, however, miss my Thanksgiving in the mountains with our crazy family, and they are constantly on my mind during the holiday season as are the other precious people in my life that cannot be here to celebrate with us! Be grateful for your many blessings during this holiday season....hug your loved ones....and for goodness sake...hold off on decorating that Christmas tree for just one more week! Happy Thankgsiving!

No comments: