Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just checking in...



I have managed to whip the camera out a few times the last several days and will download some new pictures when I accumulate a few more. For now, I will share a couple more shots from our trip to Georgia...

Tim, Addie, and I had a very nice weekend together and even managed to get half of the painting done in baby boy's room. I played my first game of "cornhole", which for those of you who are not familiar with this game, consists of throwing a little bag of corn towards this wooden platform with a hole in it (Tim and my Memaw are playing it in the picture above). It reminds me of horseshoes, but you can actually move the game around from place to place. I got Tim a cornhole set for Father's Day, and this was the first time he actually got the chance to try it out! It actually is a lot of fun, even if I am horrible!
Addie is enrolled in a summer program at this place called "The Little Gym". We go once a week for 45 minutes to this gym, and it is by far the highlight of her week! She loves to run on the mats and try out all of the equipment. She is by no means a risk taker, so when I say try out the equipment, I really mean watch the other children play and start to do it herself only to shy away and continue watching. Maybe by the end of the camp she will have managed to round up enough courage to try the balance beam or the rings? Every time I drive anywhere near the shopping center where the Little Gym is located, she starts asking to go, and it just so happens to be located in the same shopping center as the grocery store where I shop ...fun fun!
I better get off here and get a few more things done before she wakes from her nap. I have her little pool filled up and am hoping the sun has warmed it up so that we can take a "bath" in the sunshine this afternoon! This little activity always makes bathtime much more enjoyable for the both of us. She gets to play, and I knock out bathtime without a fight! Wish me luck!

No comments: