Thursday, January 22, 2009

One thing that drives me crazy...

POLITICS!!!! (and no, my picture has nothing to do with my post today...its just cute!)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a mind of my own and am not afraid to share my opinions. However, I am smart enough to know when to keep my mouth shut or when something I may say might hurt someone elses feelings. I can keep my opinions to myself when I think its best. Politics is one subject that most often causes some tension when brought up in conversation. It never fails, someone always ends up getting upset or even getting mean. I have never really been into politics and am even ashamed to admit I have never voted (please don't lecture me about it...I am aware that it is very important to exercise this right). I am surrounded by friends and family who are very passionate about the subject and sometimes even "mean" about it. What I don't understand is why people think that everyone in the whole world must believe as they do, or even that everyone in the whole world even cares what they believe at all? Facebook sparked my little rant on politics today. On Facebook, people can update their status and write about what they are doing and how they are feeling. I am amazed at how many people write political messages here. Its as if they think everyone reading actually cares about their particular political views, and some of the statements can even seem down right hurtful if you don't have the same views....Just one thing that drives me crazy....

No comments: