Thursday, May 21, 2009

Off to the fair!

Last weekend, Tim and I took Addie to our local fair called the Jubilee. I used to go to the Jubilee every year when I was growing up. As a matter of fact, I won my first pet goldfish at the fair. His name was Peabody and he lived for 5 or 6 years. My Dad helped me bury him in the backyard and made a wooden cross to place over his grave. I can also remember agonizing over what to wear to this event as a teenager and parading around the fairgrounds looking for boys with my best friend Elizabeth! What memories this place has for me! Now, all I care about are the funnel cakes and farm animals! Addie loves the ice cream! She can eat the entire thing, cone and all, all by herself! What a cute mess she is afterwards!
Tim helped Addie play a game to win a little prize. She was very excited about participating and did not want to leave...even after the lady gave her the prize!

And a close up of her relishing every lick of that cool treat....It was a hot day!


She loved her prize and was even caught sharing her lolipop with Dora on the ride home from the fairgrounds! She took a nice long nap that day!


I will try and post pictures from our "mini-vacation" this weekend. Addie had a blast and of course, Tim and I soaked it all in too since it will be our only getaway of 2009 before Baby Boy arrives!


No comments: