Friday, December 31, 2010

It snowed!

It snowed quite a bit on Christmas day and into the next day too. We had almost 14 inches. It was beautiful. Although I was pretty tired of being cooped up in the house since we were all sick the week before, but it was still very pretty, and who doesn't want a white Christmas?

I finally managed to get the kids out in the snow the second day we were housebound. Addie lasted all of 10 minutes, but atleast she went this time. Hayes just goes with the flow, most of the time. He's been a bit grumpy with some new teeth coming in and a little cold. He didn't complain about being out in the snow though. I think he was just glad to get out too!

This was what my deck looked like. I could barely get out the back door to snap these pictures. The snow was deep and hard by day three.


But isn't it beautiful? I think our house looks so pretty surrounded by snow.


It took us 20 minutes to bundle the two of them up for their first adventure in the snow. It didn't go well. Not at all...

She was not a fan of the snow blowing into her face and eyes.

They even tried sunglasses and a "fun" sled, but she just wasn't having it.



This is how she spent the rest of the morning....warm and dry and with a snack....


.... watching the little girls across the street build a snowman.


Thank you Daddy for bringing my favorite chair over here so I could enjoy the snow too!








2 comments:

livingsj77 said...

I'm pretty sure we've seen Addie sitting in front of that door on multiple occasions in different chairs. She is so funny!

I'm with her...screw the snow, it's cold and wet and blah...Next time it snows we can swap kids. Mine loves it and I would rather just lay on the couch under a blanket!

Christen said...

Awww... Addie's so cute in her little chair! I can't blame her for wanting to be cozy :)