Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just do it...

Saturday was the Great Bridge Christmas Parade, a long-standing tradition in our town for many years. I can remember taking part in this parade when I was in high school, but have never attended as an adult. That is...until this year. I just did it. I decided not to worry about the temperature and the crowds and the loud noises and the parking fiasco. I just did it. We packed up the car with two very bundled up children, lots of snacks, and our little red wagon and headed to the parade with some friends. And I am so glad I did it.




Addie settled in quite nicely with her little friend, B, and Hayes even seemed intrigued by all the lights and noises around him. It was nice to do something different for a change, and despite the cold, it was really so much fun! Addie told us in the middle of the parade that this was "the best parade ever". It even started to snow during the action and flakes continued to fall throughout the night, making it even more magical! I need to learn to "just do it" more often. I can see the parade becoming part of our Hewitt Family Christmas Traditions.....so glad I did it!



No comments: