Thursday, July 22, 2010

What a bummer!


Hayes, my mom, and I were at CHKD yesterday from 8:30 until 4:00. It was a long day. Hayes was a real trooper. He was participating in the Soy Challenge. Unfortunately, after he had drank the required amount of soy formula and seemed to be doing well, he vomited two times and the Doc decided that he had failed. Since we have been home, he has had two bouts of vomiting too, so I am becoming more and more convinced that the soy must be the culprit. End result- avoid all soy for atleast a year and then try it all again next summer! What a bummer! The worst part was the whole week leading up to the challenge and how miserable he got being off of his medicine. I hate that I will have to put him through that again. However, when you put it all in perspective, I am so grateful he is otherwise happy and healthy. We can handle a few food allergies anyway...heck, we have become experts!
Oh, and the adorable girl Hayes has his arms around in the picture...she is a former student of mine from my first year at GB. We have kept in touch and probably always will. She is very special to me. And isn't she beautiful?

No comments: