Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ground Hog Day

Every day about 6:15 on the dot, Hayes and I settle in upstairs in the playroom for our morning bottle and coffee. Can you see them on the little table beside my chair? This is our morning routine seven days a week. Tim is usually in the garage on the eliptical machine getting ready to shower and leave for work. Addie is still snoozing in her bed. We finish our "breakfast" and then head straight for a bath for the little man...every morning. The bath is followed by lots of vaseline and lotion to help with his itching and then some oatmeal and bananas downstairs while watching Dora. By this time, Addie has joined us for a pop-tart and an ice water. She is usually so happy to see her brother in the morning. This is how we start our day, every day.




Yes, it does seem like my days repeat themselves over and over again. And yes, you can pretty much figure out what I am doing each and every hour of the day since I do the same things every day at the same time. However, I wouldn't change a thing because I know that in the not too far off future, I won't have this time with my little ones. I won't be able to enjoy a nice cup of coffee with my little mama's boy on my lap drinking a bottle. Every once in a while he looks up at me, smiles, gets a little side-tracked and milk pours out all over his little chin and neck. This also happens every morning. It happens to be one of my favorite times of the day. Not too far from now, we will be rushing around to get dressed and ready for school. I will be taking them to be cared for by someone else so that I can finally get my career going again. And my morning coffee will not be coupled with some little boy lovin' and melt-your-heart smiles. So...Ground Hog Day is just fine for me...as long as it wants to stick around.

No comments: