Thursday, August 27, 2009

Addie gets a Big Girl Bed!

Before Addie was sleeping through the night even, my Papaw (the one with the fluffy little dog) found a bed for Addie that he knew was meant just for her. He kept the full-size bed in his kitchen next to his breakfast table for many months until Tim and I were finally able to make the trip down with the truck and pick it up. Then the bed was stored in our garage, until baby boy was expected to arrive and we pulled it out and got to work. Grandpa Dave worked and worked on making the bed look new, and I was just so excited to see the final product and so thankful that her "first big girl bed" was something extra special from a very special person. It will be a nice story to share for many years. Here are a few shots of Addie seeing her new bed for the first time....








So far, sleepy-time in the new bed is going fairly well. She sleeps well at night, with an occasional middle-of-the-night tear where either Tim or myself have to tuck her back in and make her "catch our kisses" as Tim says. That was also something she would do every once in a while in the crib, so I wouldn't necessarily blame the bed for that one. Today was the first time in almost 5 days that she actually took a nap. I was starting to worry that maybe that was going to be a thing of the past- just in time for the new baby! However, shortly after we tucked her in this afternoon, she was fast asleep. Keep your fingers crossed for us! I will eventually get a cute picture of the bed all made up. My mom got Addie the most adorable bedding for her birthday, and I cannot begin to describe how adorable it is in words! I'm so proud of her for making the transition go so smoothly, but also a little bittersweet to see my "baby" sleeping somewhere other than her safe, solid little crib...

2 comments:

Emily Suzann said...

The bed is adorable! Such a sweet design for a little girl. Addy looks so "grown up" in these pics. I admire you for getting her into a big girl bed so smoothly. Claire is still sleeping with us :( and she has no intentions of moving either!

Kellie said...

Awesome bed and I cannot say it enough... Addie is such a cutie!!!!