Friday, January 15, 2010

Not bad for my first time!

I fried some chicken today for the very first time.
I fried some chicken today just like my Memaw.
I fried some chicken today to honor my Papaw... and it sure reminded me of some good ole days!

My Memaw is famous for her fried chicken. So when she told me to soak it in some buttermilk ahead of time, that is exactly what I did. Looks yummy huh? Especially if you love buttermilk (yuck)!
Next, I salt and peppered up the flour and the slimy chicken took a nice bath in it.

Finally, I fried it up "nice and slow" just like Memaw said, and guess what?


It didn't turn out too bad for my first time! Still, nothing tops Memaw's chicken!



"Papaw" Jessee (1926-2010)





4 comments:

ErinRagan said...

Wow, I'm super impressed, Carrie!! I don't think I'm brave enough to attempt Granny's Famous Fried Chicken! It looks yummmmy!

I love that picture of you, Addie, and PawPaw, too.

And, uhhh, speaking of pictures. I think it's time to update your blog header!!!! LOL

livingsj77 said...

Hey Carrie, so sorry to hear about your PawPaw. I'm sure he is resting peacefully. Hope you all are well and the chicken looks amazing.

Jarah said...

The chicken looked great!! Hope you and your family is doing well. Talk to you soon!

Grampy said...

Really enjoyed your visit, Carrie Leigh. . . Sorry I didn't get to make the airport run this time. . . Love to all (and thanksx for the PawPaw Pic!) xxoo