Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Food

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to eat. I love food. I love food so much that I have decided that I will never be as skinny as I would like to be because I don't want to give up one of my favorite things. That's alright with me. I'm not obese...I'm not unhealthy...I'm just not a size 6, and I'm okay with that. I am committed, however, to losing this worthless baby weight that was not here before Addie and Hayes made their entrance in the world. Tim and I have decided to do it together, as a team, so that we can both have a little more energy and be that much more healthy for ourselves and our babies. We start today...no more fried food, fast food, or food that comes in bags or boxes. I signed up for Jazzercise classes again and will attend my first class tonight. Tim is on his way to walmart to purchase a digital scale to help us keep track of all the pounds we lose. I have never been very good at "dieting", but I sure like a challenge, so we'll see how this goes...should be fun!

Speaking of food...one of my favorites is my Memaw's chocolate cake! Just last week I was able to make it down to visit with her and have her show me just how she makes this delicous treat. It is absolutely delicious when kept cold and served with a nice tall glass of milk!







This is my Memaw...doing her thing! She is the world's best cook...fried chicken and chocolate cake are her specialties, oh, and grilled cheese too! Noone makes a grilled cheese like she does!



I wonder if I can do it right this time without Memaw? I'm pretty sure chocolate cake is not part of my new diet and exercise plan...(geez...I'm already thinking of cheating!)

1 comment:

Lily said...

Well what will we eat when I come visit...are white cardboard boxes off your list too (: