Sunday, July 24, 2011

What have we been eatin' lately?

I'm so glad you asked!

Tuna Noodle Casserole:
I grilled fresh tuna for this one and used a recipe given to me by one of my mommy friends. It was absolutely delish! I never knew sliced Velveeta was so smooth and creamy. I grew up eating tuna and mac n cheese, but this recipe takes the cake!


Summer Squash Casserole:
This recipe was given to me by my neighbor across the street. She told me to fry up some bacon and use two tspns of the grease to fry the squash. I took the Paula Dean approach and just drained the bacon and threw my sliced squash directly into the hot frying pan! The onions and crumbled bacon bits were my favorite garnish...yum yum!




Fresh Pesto Sauce and Sausage Bread:

I have to give credit to my friend Stephanie for this one. She is a life-long vegetarian and has been making her own pesto for many years. When she whips up this dish for herself and her kiddos, her hubby gets to feast on Italian Sausage bread. I watched him put it together one time before a birthday party, and now I'm hooked!





I used the remainder of my pesto to make this summer/cold orzo salad with grilled asparagus. After I took the picture, but before I ate it, I added cut up cherry tomatoes. We enjoyed this by the pool one hot day during a play date. Topped with fresh grated parmesean cheese, it was the perfect summertime lunch!


Don't worry, I'm still taking pictures of my food, no matter how much Tim makes fun of me!










1 comment:

Jarah said...

Great pictures! They all look so yummy! We will have to exchange some recipes next time we see each other :)