Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

After our trip to Tennessee, I took the kids to see my family in West Virginia. We met my mom and swapped out carseats, and Tim continued on home to deal with the rental house and get ready for work on Monday. The photo below was taken at my cousin's house. Addie and Hayes love their older cousins and had so much fun playing with all of their cool toys!

On the 4th, we ventured deep into the mountains to celebrate with my sweet Papaw Click. He and Addie have a special bond, as he was one of first people to hold her when she was born. He spent the first 3 summers after she was born here in Chesapeake with my mom, and those memories will forever be precious to me. I am thankful for that time and for the chance for them to get to know one another. Papaw was excited to see Hayes again and amazed at how much he has changed and grown since he saw him at Thanksgiving.









It was a Happy 4th of July. Despite the rain and the mosquitos that tried to ruin our cookout at the lake, we had a great time and as always, loved being with family.







No comments: