Monday, March 21, 2011

Another day at the Little Gym

The Little Gym is one of those places that charges you an arm and a leg to bring your child to their facility to romp and play and learn "new tricks", as Addie would say. Addie started in a class where I joined her each week, a "mommy-n-me" class. She did wonderfully with me there. Once she turned 3, she moved up to the "Funny-bug" class. Parents are not allowed to be in the gym in this class. This was a big step for us.

It took several weeks and a couple of "fun" birthday parties at the Gym to get Addie comfortable enough to actually enjoy the class without me right beside her. I now sit outside with the other parents and watch her from behind the glass. Hayes of course joins me each week. He runs around eating snacks, playing with some blocks they have there, and socializing with the other younger children that come in.

Since Little Gym tuition is not included in our monthly budget, Tim and I saved up some of our weekly "allowance" and Christmas money to get her in for the Winter/Spring Session. She loves going each week and insists on wearing a tutu or leotard each time! It has been worth every penny.


Summertime brings lots of new activities for the kids, including the pool, beach, playtime with their school-age cousins, and lots of time with their Mamaw, who is a teacher and has the summer off. We also have a few road trips being planned to see family over the summer months. The Little Gym may not fit into our busy schedule, but come fall, I see us joining up again. I guess I better start saving money since Hayes will be 2 and ready to play also!

No comments: