Monday, November 15, 2010

A Wedding

And the beautiful bride....Mrs. Jarah Nicholas...




To me, weddings are one of life's most precious moments, right up there with having a baby. Everyone is happy and hopes are high. Two lives join together to tough out the rough times and relish the sweet moments in between. I almost always cry at weddings. The father-daughter dance is my lowest point. I boo-hooed like a baby when Jarah and her Daddy danced that night. There's nothing like a Daddy and his little girl. I am even more emotional since Addie....and look forward to watching her dance with her Daddy on this special day.
I have been honored to be a part of several special weddings over the last 10 years. It means a lot to me to be asked to take a role in such a momentous occasion in someone's life. I will be a part of their picture albums, scrapbooks, and jump drives for years to come. I love helping my friends plan their dream day and getting to know their families throughout the whole process. You can say that I have learned how to be the "perfect bridesmaid" over the years. Well, atleast I thought I was pretty darn perfect. Until....this last one. I was a little less than perfect. I was actually quite the opposite, and I haven't quite figured out what happened or why I just couldn't get it together. Perhaps it was the whooping cough that threw me off course, or maybe it was the strange rash that invaded Addie's body, or even the viral bronchitis that consumed my little Hayes....who knows? I was definitely not the perfect bridesmaid. But....God bless her...Jarah took it all with stride, and she was the perfect bride. The wedding was beautiful and you could feel love in the air that night! The cobbler was delish, and it was awesome to have all of my close friends in one place for the night. It was one of life's sweetest moments, and I am thankful to have been a part of it! Thanks Jarah...love you girl!

1 comment:

Jarah said...

Thanks Carrie! What a great post all about me :) You will have to send me or tag me on some of those pics...those are some good ones!! Thanks for being my bridesmaid!!!