Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Go Redskins!

My friend, Anna, scored some free tickets to the Redskins a couple of weeks ago. She invited Tim and I to join her and her boyfriend, Matt. We were thrilled to be included! So, we all bundled up and headed to Fed Ex Field to watch the Skins play the undefeated Saints. Our seats were AWESOME! Besides the Dolphins football game I went to with my Dad when I was much younger where we sat at the 50 yard line right up front, I don't think I have ever been closer to a national team! It was very exciting! If you remember, our seats with Anna, Dan, and Christen last year, left a little to be desired! We sat under some sort of overhang and behind a pole then, but we still had a good time. This year we moved up-and it was FREE!



Yes, that is my husband all lumberjacked out in his warmest winter gear. He is such a dork sometimes, but I must admit, he was the warmest of us all!


Anna and I loved the hotdogs! I still don't know what the guys were thinking leaving us in charge of the grill while they played cornhole. Once the dogs were done, we were done!


I like this picture of Anna the best- tailgating at its finest! The old 4-Runner is still truckin along! (Although, it wouldn't start when we got back from the game and Matt had to give us a jump on a brand spankin' new battery-who knows?)

Although it was soooooo cold, and I would have been much worse off if Anna hadn't brought the little packets of hand/foot warmers that we shoved inside our gloves and shoes, it was a lot of fun! It was a much needed day away from the kids and with friends we rarely get to see. We didn't get home until after 9:00, and Mom and Dave had the babies all ready to be tucked in for bed! I don't think I have slept that hard in a long time! Thanks Anna for getting the awesome tickets and choosing us to invite!
Oh, and the game- the Redskins played well, but once again gave it away there at the end. We were just excited to see them put up a good fight against the best offensive team in the league!

No comments: