Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Craziness around here!

I chose this picture to post of Sally, my Dad and Julie's donkey, because it makes me smile, and quite frankly, after my last two days, I will take a smile or two where I can get it!
So, we recently got a major deal on some new cabinets and countertops from a fraternity brother of Tim's and have been dealing with the kitchen being out of commission for 5 days now. Cabinets and countertops were suppose to be in and complete by Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, there were some errors made during measurement and my cabinets came in looking a tad bit short on one side. What a hassle? Because they made a slight mistake in the numbers, Tim and I were made to look like picky, unsatisfied customers. I just want to get what I paid for! It really is hard to find good, honest workers these days! I wish my Dad lived right down the road....I would much rather give my money to him and have it done right the first time!

Now, imagine a cranky 19 month old (Addie) and a kitchen with no running water, microwave, or even counters to sit sippy cups and pour milk!!! AAAAAAAAAHH!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel though...

5 days till my comprehensive exam for grad school and hopefully, my kitchen will be done and my stress level reduced! I'm ready for a vacation.....

1 comment:

The Bryant Family said...

Yikes Carrie! Hang in there, it will all be so worth it when everything is finished :) I cannot imagine not havig a usable kitchen, especially with a toddler!!! You are a champ, that is for sure- Addie is one lucky little girl ;) Oh, and don't worry- Lucas DEFINITELY has his moments, maybe I'll try to catch one on video for you.....Happy Easter!!!