Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family Fun at the Aquarium

Addie had a rough night Saturday after a scary allergic reaction that had us in the ER for a few hours. Of course, I panicked, and am ever so thankful Tim was there to take control. He was calm and focused even after he had to use the epipen on poor Addie. She was such a brave little girl through it all. We decided that since our weekend was pretty much a bummer, we needed a pick-me-up, so off to the aquarium we went!



Don't worry, Addie is feeling much better. She really is a trooper. It's me who needs to get control. I feel panicked and worried now more than ever. Dropping her off at preschool this morning was not easy after the weekend we had. I know I have said it before, but it is so stressful knowing that your child could be put in harms way from something that you yourself give her. We all have to feed our children, right? However, not everyone has to worry about every little bite their child takes. It is not easy. It is not fun. I have very little patience for people who complain about not being able to pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for their child because of a classmate with allergies. The Momma Bear in me starts to growl. Can you imagine how hard it is for the parent of the child with allergies to pack her lunch? I have not forgotten how blessed we are, how healthy my children are despite their food allergies, and how amazing God has been to us in the last 3 years...but geez.....I hope this weekend is better!

2 comments:

Anna Heller said...

This weekend is going to be much better! Can't wait to see all of yal!

livingsj77 said...

I'm sorry you guys had a bad weekend. Do you know what she ate that caused it? So scary.

Hang in there friend!