Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Birthday Boy

The bakery where I order my cake always thinks its funny how I get this large cake that the birthday boy/girl cannot eat. She makes her cake with eggs of course, so Hayes and Addie are not allowed to enjoy these delicious treats. Tim and I love them and splurge twice a year despite the eggs. I have discovered a yummy recipe for special cupcakes for the kids though, and they don't seem to notice that they can't have the pretty cake.

Hayes loved his cupcake so much that he wouldn't bring it down from his mouth. He sat here for the longest time with that cupcake up to his mouth and up his nose, as if he was scared I would take it away should he bring it down. It was pretty funny!

I love this kid!

He seemed to love the attention and allowed me to snap away with my camera. Unfortunately, I lost some pictures from the big day which has definitely left me feeling sad and dissappointed. I'm just thankful that I still have the cake pictures, which are by far my favorite of the birthday shots.

Since Hayes can't have icecream like Addie, Tim bought him some messy, rasberry sorbet. He loved it! What a mess!

The birthday boy was spoiled by friends and family. We all ate really well, and the little ones had a great time playing with each other. Addie hadn't been around little kids in quite a while since she has been sick, so she was still going strong with one of her little friends at 11:00 that night. Hayes, however, was knocked out cold by 8:00, and the party went on without him. Thanks to everyone who made this day so special for me....ahem...for Hayes!



2 comments:

Christen said...

Aww, happy belated birthday to Hayes!! :) Adorable pics

livingsj77 said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. We were so happy to come see you, and even though the trip was a bit miserable, it was worth it. Just the beginning of a long string of bad luck for me, that's all.