Friday, September 18, 2009

What a day!

Friday, September 4, 2009.......Tim and I pose for a picture about an hour after I have received the Pitocin and 3 hours before I was given the epidural. The pain was not bad at this point...note I was still smiling! My nurses made sure I was pretty comfortable until it was my turn to be seen by the doctor with the "drugs"! However, if you go by the look on Tim's face, you would think I was moaning and screaming before the camera flashed...He looks scared to death!
About 8 hours later, little Hayes Timothy made his way into the world. I only pushed for 13 whole minutes and out he came! He was ready to meet us!
I think Tim still had a hard time believing he finally had a son...He must have taken a million shots of the little guys private area....Yes, honey, he has male parts...he is all boy, and he is yours!

My mom snapped this photo about 8:30 the night Hayes was born. She went home and brought Addie up to the hospital to meet him. It is probably one of the most special moments of my life, following their births of course. I have never felt this happy and complete! Addie was in utter awe over her new little brother!



My sweet baby girl is one heck of a big sister! It's like he has always been there...


Addie seems to love having Hayes around and is always asking to hold him or kiss him or hug him. When I wake her up in the morning, the first thing she says when she sees me now is "where's Hayes?" She doesn't really seem jealous yet, although she did ask me to "hold me like a baby mama" last night after her bath. Otherwise, she just wants to help and take part in taking care of him as much as possible. I, on the other hand, am praying for more patience as I juggle the both of them on very little sleep these days. Sometimes her "help" makes my job that much harder, and I have to remember that she just wants to participate. Little "Addieisms" that were annoying before but didn't really bother me, are often now the tiny spark that sets me off with her! Bless her little heart! So, I am working on patience....and breastfeeding...and taking care of a baby with unfamiliar anatomy... and trying my hardest to remember who to send thank-you cards to! Whew! What a day!

2 comments:

Christen said...

We're so happy for you guys! I loved reading all your posts and catching up on all the new baby news. (By the way, Dan and I thought Hayes was such a cool name pick!)

Congrats!

Jarah said...

I love all the pictures and the posts! I hate being so far away but I'm hoping to come down for a visit in October. Can't wait to meet the little guy!!! And I'm so proud of Addie :)