Monday, August 29, 2011

Take a deep breath Carrie.




I need to remind myself to take a deep breath. Be more patient and remember that she is 4 years old. Remember that she is at an age where she likes to push the envelope. And, let's just go ahead and admit it, she gets it honestly.




Perhaps it was the earthquake, or this nagging cough I can't seem to find the time to get rid of. Or maybe it was Hurricane Irene and my failed attempt at saving some water that resulted in an overflowing bathtub and a leaking light fixture, or maybe it's just simply because I have been "stuck" in this house for 4 days straight!




Whatever the reason, I seemed to have totally lost my patience with her. She's lying to Tim and I about the simplest things these days. She sasses back when asked to do something she's not really interested in doing. She rolls her eyes and she has the smartest mouth I've ever seen on a child.




I don't want to be too hard on her. I don't want to expect her to "act" older, wiser than she is. I only want for her to be respectful and pleasant. I want people to like being around her. I want her friends to want to play with her. I want to help her be a likable person.



So....I need to take a deep breath, remember that she is only 4 years old, and beg God for more patience!

No comments: