Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas

The kids are "writing" their letters to Ho Ho on Christmas Eve.

Our den after Ho Ho's visit was out of control.









I had been collecting parts to this train set since I found out I was having a little boy. Everytime there was a sale at ToysRUs I was there adding a piece to our collection, which I kept stored in our little attic over the garage. I didn't realize how out of control it had gotten until that night. I kept pulling boxes and boxes out of the attic, all of which had to be cut out of their displays and put together to make one big connecting train set. We started putting the thing together at 10:00 that night after the kids were asleep, and we didn't get into bed until 1:30 that morning. Tim was pretty annoyed, and I'll be honest, I was a little embarassed. I prayed really hard that night that he would actually like the darn thing! He did. It was a big hit. And it is a big, permanent monstrosity in our play room now. I tend to do things big. I'll go ahead and admit that now.








No comments: