Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hangin' Out

We have been very busy here getting ready for summer and all that goes along with it. It's just now starting to get really warm here. We were able to play in Addie's baby pool the other day, and Hayes absolutely loved it. He loved splashing the water, and unlike his big sister, didn't mind one bit when he splashed himself in the face! I think he is going to enjoy summertime!






Hayes is really starting to shine. His personality is in full gear, and he is definitely a little momma's boy! He also really lights up when Addie pays him some attention. She is really good at getting him to giggle out loud. The first thing she asks about when she wakes up is him, and off she goes...down the hallway to find her "little buddy". I love watching them together.
Addie is definitely challenging me a lot here lately. Her little attitude flip flops like nothing I have ever seen. One minutes she is sweet and adorable and trying to be my little helper, and the very next minute, she is mocking me and doing the exact opposite of what I ask her. My patience has really been tested these last few weeks. I am trying very hard to work on how I handle those situations. I don't want my children to remember their momma as a yeller and screamer. However, I do want them to learn to behave and listen to what they are told. When someone figures out how to do this without raising your voice, will you let me know? Until then, I'll just keep working on it....




No comments: